Developed for all equipment types, RBMI manages each step of a risk-based inspection and maintenance programme
Industries served by RBMI software include upstream, downstream and power.
RBMI is a fully integrated risk-based inspection (RBI) software package for upstream, downstream and power industries. Assets include pressure vessels, piping, storage tanks, heat exchangers (including bundles), relief devices, pipelines, rotating and instrumentation.
RBMI meets all API 580 recommended practice requirements for RBI including inspection data management. RBMI also meets the latest API Standards 510 and 570 requirements.
- Databases that captures a full complement of data specific to each type of equipment in your operation.
- An integrated calculator that assesses the probability and consequence of failure for each piece of equipment.
- An inspection planner that automatically generates inspection recommendations.
- Data structure: Users can navigate RBMI within two mouse clicks. Pre-designed data sheets are available for each type of equipment and major components, such as shell, channel and bundle of a shell and tube heat exchanger. Data sheets display summary data from the risk analysis.
- Links to external files: Easy access to documents, photographs (including scanned documents), videos and drawings. Files can be linked at the equipment item level or with an inspection report.
- Criticality calculator: Performs risk analysis for each type of equipment or component being evaluated. Automatically calls up data from the data sheets during risk analysis. Criticality Calculator evaluates both the likelihood and consequence of failure. It also prioritises inspection categories.
- Technical reviews to support risk studies, which include:
- Information capture for RBI analysis.
- Corrosion studies which identify materials of construction and process conditions that can cause equipment deterioration.
- Identification of damage mechanisms and critical process variable.
- Previous equipment inspection summaries.
- Inspection planning: Examines equipment type and failure mechanisms to generate a recommended inspection plan. The software automatically tracks inspection due dates and provides notifications.
- Inspection documentation: Several module types are provided. Inspection results are used to update risk analysis, which is then used to create an updated inspection plan.
- Robust security: Role-based management and the ability to audit all user actions.
- ERP integration: A CMMS interface is available for asset registry synchronisation and notifications. The system automatically updates CMMS.
- Peripheral Devices: Data can be uploaded from thickness data loggers or PDA.
- Localisation settings: The localisation of strategy rules, lookups, application settings, etc. allows the entire organisation to be kept in one database, but with flexibility to customise each location.
- Reporting and KPIs: 70+ reports.
- has achieved API 580 third-party certification.
- performs complete RBI assessments in qualitative, semi-quantitative and quantitative methods.
- calculates absolute consequence results based on various failure scenarios, production loss and environmental impact.
- calculates deterioration rates for various deterioration mechanisms based upon industry experience in lieu of measured data.
- can perform what-if analysis to predict future risk.
- Data Historian Interface with defined integrity operating windows are available with the ability to report KPIs. Data historian information can be fed directly to criticality assessment.