Fitness for service, structural integrity and remaining life assessment of fixed equipment in the oil, gas and chemical industries.
We perform engineering assessments to demonstrate whether in-service pressurised fixed equipment is fit for operation or purpose. Specifically, we evaluate pressure vessels, piping systems, tanks, boilers, furnaces and other fixed equipment within upstream, downstream, processing facilities or power generation facilities that may have a flaw, damage or be in risk of failure.
We provide our clients with guidelines on the need to make run-repair-rerate-replace decisions to operate assets in a safe manner. Our fitness for service assessments provide information on equipment's present condition, current state of damage, and projected remaining life.
Our analyses are based on engineering rules and recognized international codes and standards, which deal with design, operation, non-destructive evaluation, testing, evaluation of degradation mechanisms in the oil, gas, and chemical industries.
Our consultants include mechanical, civil, structural, materials or metallurgy, fracture mechanics engineers, with proven proficiency and expertise in stress analysis, mechanics of materials, degradation mechanisms, inspection and repair techniques, pressure vessels, piping, tanks and construction codes.
Our fitness for service products assess the integrity of your energy-related assets with the most current technology.
- Design verification and rerate assessment of pressure vessels, tanks and piping systems.
- Establish resistance of equipment to brittle fracture, long-term creep damage, and after fire damage condition.
- Evaluate discontinuities such as crack-like flaws, localized and general corrosion including pitting, hydrogen damage, distortion, laminations, gauges, dents, creep damage, etc.
- Failure analysis, metallurgical evaluation, and corrosion/degradation mechanisms studies.
- Analysis is combined with sample removal, mechanical testing and material testing assessments using lat bullet –scoop sampler, mechanical testing, inspections, and non-destructive evaluation recommendations.