The Rules set appropriate standards for design, construction and lifetime maintenance providing all the information needed for classification purposes.
These Rules apply to Mobile Offshore Units (MOU) and Floating Offshore Installations at a Fixed Location (FOIFL).
The updated Rules were released in July 2015
The Rules are made up of 11 parts:
- Part 1: Regulations;
- Part 2: Rules for materials;
- Part 3: Functional unit types and special features;
- Part 4: Steel unit structures;
- Part 5: Main and auxiliary machinery;
- Part 6: Control and electrical engineering;
- Part 7: Safety systems, hazardous areas and fire;
- Part 8: Corrosion control;
- Part 9: Concrete unit structures;
- Part 10: Ship units (FPSO/FSO);
- Part 11: Production, storage and offloading of liquefied gases.
You can download the Rules pdf, along with the Notices that have been released, by filling in the form below.