RCC-M is the design and construction code for the European Pressurised Water Reactor (EPR) nuclear island mechanical components. Suppliers wishing to enter the UK Nuclear New Build programme will be required to be familiar with this code.
The objectives of this training course are to:
- Provide an introduction to the RCC-M code
- Understand the requirements for procurement of parts and products*
- Review design and calculation requirements*
- Review specifications for materials and forgings
- Review specifications for welding, manufacturing and non-destructive testing (NDT)*
This course will facilitate an insight into the RCC-M code, providing an understanding of the structure and its key points and challenges. The course builds to cover the necessary regulatory framework requirements and identifies the responsibilities of the key stakeholders involved.
Training courses are limited to a maximum of 8 delegates and are on a first-come first served basis (for public training)
Each delegate with receive a certificate of attendance stating that the training is approved by AFCEN
The duration of this course is two days and will be delivered by AFCEN qualified trainers.
Who should attend?
- Managers, project managers, engineers, technicians, production personnel
- Inspection and quality personnel who are involved in the manufacture of components for the nuclear island
*Intensive 2-day courses are available once the Introduction to RCC-M (APR/2992) has been completed.
What to do next?
For more information or to receive a training quotation for Introduction to the RCC-M code training fill in the form on this page, call the training team on +44 (0) 330 414 1337 or email email@example.com.