RCC-M is the design and construction code for the European Pressurised Water Reactor (EPR) nuclear island mechanical components. Suppliers wishing to enter the UK Nuclear New Build programme will be required to be familiar with this code.
The objectives of this training course are to:
- Identify the applicable requirements for the materials
- Define and implement the component procurement process
- Define and understand procurement specifications
The course will provide a review of the process for identifying and selecting appropriate materials allowed by the RCC-M code, including how to apply the requirements of section II (Materials). It provides a more detailed understanding of general provisions for materials such as steels and other alloys as well as the purchase of components including forged or rolled bars, plate, pipes, tubes, forgings and castings, it also covers the base metal test coupon requirements and forging ratios.
The course will consist of a methodological approach with implementation exercises.
The duration of this course is 1-day for in-house training or 2-days for public training and may be delivered by AFCEN qualified trainers.
Training courses are limited to a maximum of 8 delegates and are on a first-come first served basis (for public training)
Each delegate will receive a certificate of attendance stating that the training is approved by AFCEN
Who should attend?
- Managers, project managers, engineers, technicians, production personnel
- Inspection and quality personnel who are involved in the manufacture of components for the nuclear island
- Procurement personnel who work closely with engineering departments.
Whilst it is not compulsory, it is recommended that delegates complete the Introduction to RCC-M code (Ref: AP/R044), before undertaking this course.
What to do next?
For more information or to receive a training quotation for RCC-M Requirements for procurement of parts and products training fill in the form on this page, call the training team on +44 (0) 330 414 1337 or email email@example.com.