This specialist two-day course is aimed at qualified ISM auditors and will train them to undertake internal audits against the ISO 14001 international standard.
Who should attend?
It is particularly recommended for onboard ISM officers who also act as the ship's environmental officer.
- Key relationships between the ISM Code and EMS
- Roles and responsibilities of an internal EMS officer
- How to plan your audits
- Corrective action
- The purpose, intent and key requirements of ISO 14001
What will you learn?
By the end of the course you will:
- Have the additional expertise needed to carry out EMS audits
- Recognise the value of an effective EMS
You will need to be qualified as an ISM auditor, or similar.
Your company should be progressing well towards ISO 14001 certification. Alternatively, you may have an ISO 14001 system in place already and want to make it more effective.
You should have extensive experience of ISO 14001 environmental management systems and an awareness of the major elements and how they are implemented.