The EU Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) of CO2 emissions from maritime transport regulation entered into force in July 2015. From 2018 ships >5000GT entering, departing or operating between EU ports will be required to report their verified emissions reports and other relevant information. At the end of this one day course you will have a better understanding of how to effectively implement MRV (Monitoring, Reporting, Verification) requirements into your organisation.
Who will benefit
- Fleet operations managers
- Vessel superintendents
- HSE / QA / compliance
- Senior sea staff
- Technical managers
Through highly participative use of group and individual exercises , the course covers:
- The current situation
- Who does this apply to and the scope of the Regulation
- The reasons for the Regulation
- The exceptions
- Implementation schedule
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- effectively implement MRV requirements into your organisation
- explain how to monitor fuel consumption, cargo carried and distance travelled
- identify what to report, who to report to using the correct forms
- demonstrate how to implement the verification process and explain what the verifier looks for in a report.
Delegates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.