World Shipping Forum 2017 is the flagship event of The Institute of Marine Engineers (India), Chennai Branch. It is held once every four years and provides a unique platform for participating delegates and stakeholders in the Industry to discuss wide range of topics connected with the shipping industry and explore potential business opportunities.
The theme of this forum is “Propelling growth amidst disruptive technologies”.
Lloyd's Register is representing the International Conference being organised by the Institute of Marine Engineers (India), Chennai Branch.
Luis Benito, Director of Innovation and Strategic Research, apart from delivering a key note address in the presence of various dignitaries, including the Shipping Minister and Director General Shipping, will also be participating in the panel discussion on ‘Disruptive Technology” and speak at the session on cyber safety and cyber security.
Lloyd's Register speakers are:
- Forum key note address, Luis Benito ( 23 November 2017, 1800 hrs)
- Technical paper on cyber safety / cyber security - Luis Benito ( 24 November 2017, 1000 hrs)
- Panel discussion on disruptive technology - Luis Benito ( 24 November 2017, 1400 hrs)
- Technical paper on ship recycling challenges and regulatory updates - Shobhit Kapoor (25 November 2017, 1400 hrs)
- Technical paper on naval ship safety assurance - Anil Kumar ( 25 November 2017, ( 25 November 2017, 1500 hrs)