Client: Due to commercial interests the client has requested to remain anonymous
Location: North Sea
Asset Type: Offshore Assets
Business challenges for the customer
A large international oil and gas operating company is undertaking the decommissioning of a number of its assets in the North Sea. Integrated planning support was required to ensure the success and performance optimisation of these projects. We were contracted to provide planning support for the decommissioning projects undertaken by the client.
How LR helped
The purpose of the planning support was to facilitate the effective preparation, de-confliction, and execution of the decommissioning projects. This was achieved through:
Deterministic schedule build
Schedules were constructed based on the knowledge of in-house engineers and with the inclusion of all third-party contractors.
Regular reviews were held with the project teams to update status and consider potential re-scheduling if necessary.
All scheduling work was done in accordance with the client governance process. This included the timely delivery of all supporting assessments.
We ensured that the decommissioning projects undertaken were successfully completed as efficiently as practicable by collaborating with all involved in building, monitoring, and managing the schedules.
The resultant work provided the client with critical planning support, schedule forecasts, performance analysis, risk identification, and impact on schedule.
- Integrated schedule build and management in-line with client procedures
- Progress measurement and reporting with corrective actions highlighted in the event of a slippage
- Schedule forecasting to advise teams and prevent/ mitigate potential risk events
- Early identification and reporting of any potential risk impact to schedule and hence potential cost to client
- Productivity analysis and calculations were conducted, including earned value analysis