Client: Schlumberger Technology Corporation - Completions
Asset type: Completions Quality Management System
Schlumberger Technology Corporation- Completions is a leading provider of technology for reservoir characterisation, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry.
Like all world class organisations, not only does Schlumberger Completions require excellence in quality of operations but its clients also demand it. Schlumberger Completions realised the value being aligned with API Spec Q2 (Specification for Quality Management System Requirements for Service Supply Organisations) and knew they had to fulfil contractual obligations put in place by their clients to meet or exceed API Spec Q2. They needed an independent consultancy with expertise in Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) Risk Management that would have the capability to take on such a task for a large global corporation.
A large corporation such as Schlumberger Completions has many layers of management system to be assessed from the large complex system to smaller more targeted systems.
"The American Petroleum Institute (API) is the largest U.S. trade association for the oil and natural gas industry. API Spec Q2 is the first ever quality management system (QMS) certification for service supply organisations in the oil and natural gas industry. Its approach to industry improvement is similar to that of API Spec Q1, which certifies oil and gas equipment manufacturers for the safety, consistency and interchangeability of their products."
How Lloyd's Register helped
We responded rapidly to the request for the API Spec Q2 Certificate of Alignment requirement that Schlumberger Completions had, delivering the following:
- A high level Gap Analysis Report containing initial findings for Schlumberger Completions to implement corrective actions. These included opportunities for improvement in areas such as system structure, required procedures, quality manual structure and required roles and responsibilities, supplier management including cases were other Schlumberger Completions entities are the supplier, quality plan assurance and review, and competency management for example. API Spec Q2 required procedural adherence includes:
- Personnel Competency
- Customer Property
- Document Control
- Preservation of Service Related Product
- Control of Records
- Preventative Maintenance, Inspection and Testing
- Risk Assessment
- Testing, Measuring, Monitoring and Detection Equipment
- Service Design
- Service Performance Validation
- Contingency Planning
- Management of Change
- Verification of Purchased Services & Service Related Product
- Monitoring, Measuring & Improvement
- Execution of Service
- Internal Audit
- Identification & Traceability
- Analysis of Data
- Service Related Product Status
- Corrective Action
- Preventative Action
- An in depth Document Review Report containing findings pertaining to items such as adherence to the gap analysis corrective actions, internal audit finding corrective action verification, document content, supplier management, quality plan content and competency management; verifying that the requirements and their intent, were clearly defined to ensure clear understanding by the end-user.
- As an add-on objective, Schlumberger Completions decided to include ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System requirements to be included with the in-depth document review. This was a simple objective that didn't require much added effort as Schlumberger Completions had been ISO 9001:2008 version certified for many years. However, they wanted this to be their first step towards adherence to the new 2015 version of ISO 9001.
- A Certificate of Alignment awarded to Schlumberger Completions segment to demonstrate compliance with client contractual obligations.
- A self-assessment tool (Compliance Audit Tool or CAT in Schlumberger Completions terminology) developed by LR using the Schlumberger Completions defined API Spec Q2 requirements. This tool is used by Schlumberger Completions at the facility locations to verify and validate implementation and effectiveness of the revised management system.
- Schlumberger Completions Segment Quality Management System was restructured and aligned with API Spec Q2 requirements allowing Schlumberger Completions enhanced internal continual improvement process opportunities through improved auditable management system outputs.
- Facility level Self-Assessment tools (CAT) created by LR with Schlumberger Completions input to facilitate sustainable continual improvement.
- Raised awareness amongst top management of the workings of API Spec Q2 with a focus on service-related product and critical suppliers. Even when those suppliers are internal to Schlumberger.
- Continuing education in management system requirements to the end user through CAT implementation.
- Collaboration between LR and Schlumberger Completions throughout the corrective actions process to assure efficiency of achieving the objectives.
- Creates a framework for future continual improvement
- Greater operational efficiency
- Increased profitability
- Offers significant financial savings through error reduction
- Increased customer satisfaction due to enhanced service quality and risk mitigation
- Changes and risks are controlled
- Demonstrate alignment with API Spec Q2 requirements to its clients.
"Lloyd's Register performed our recent API Spec Q2 alignment professionally and comprehensively. The report was written very objectively and all findings were substantiated with beneficial evidence. Due to the auditor efficiency, we were able to work through the corrective actions while completing follow-ups, therefore saving us an enormous amount of time to implement the revisions. It was also invaluable to have an independent perspective in revision creation. The alignment for Schlumberger Completions is necessary to respond to our Customers request on compliance for business continuity and future opportunities. We are very appreciative for Lloyd's Register making what can be an undesirable experience a value added one."