This joint industry project with TWI aims to investigate the requirements of compliance of selected AM components and materials and produce required data in terms of microstructural characteristics, mechanical properties, corrosion resistance and inspection, resulting in a pathway to compliance with regulations and codes such as ASME, API and PED thereby making AM components industrially acceptable.
Objectives of this joint industry project
- To investigate the methodology for potential acceptance of AM materials and begin the process of introducing AM to the relevant regulatory bodies.
- To generate specific material data including comparative microstructures and properties for a range of metallic engineering materials.
- To recommend methods for the inspection of AM parts.
- To provide guidance for the introduction of AM technology into manufacturing.
Benefits to sponsors
- Gain an appreciation of the scope of existing codes and standards when considering AM methods.
- Understand the relationship between processing method, microstructure, quality and properties of AM materials, providing confidence in design and manufacture.
- Obtain data supporting the industrial exploitation of AM products in critical and non-critical applications.
To find out more about the JIP, please fill in the form to download our project outline. Contact email@example.com
if you are interested in becoming a sponsor company, or for any other information.