Managing human failures is essential to prevent major accidents, occupational accidents and ill health, all of which can cost businesses money, reputation and potentially their continued existence. Consideration of human and organisation factors is also an essential element of the Offshore Safety Case and International Safety Management (ISM) Codes regime.
Our human factors consulting services apply psychology, physiology, anthropometrics and biomechanics in design to help you identify risks associated with critical tasks, ensure equipment and systems are designed to minimise human error and develop processes and procedures to enhance health, safety, usability and performance whilst reducing lifecycle cost and risk.
We specialise in a range of human factor analyses and services to all industries and sectors including:
- Working environment
- Design support
- Organisation and manning studies
- Validation and verification activities
- Human factors analyses
- Function and task analysis
- Workload analysis
- Human reliability analysis
- Scenario based analyses
- Ensure your systems, products and assets deliver high levels of performance and safety in all conditions
- Identify risks associated with critical tasks
- Ensure systems are designed to minimise human error
- Maintain a safe and effective working environment
- Consistent approach to task performance
- Improve areas of efficiency, profitability and readiness to meet business objectives
- Maintain high levels of performance and safety in asset operations and maintenance
- Apply best practices for inclusive solutions
- Comprehensive and agile emergency response procedures
- Ensure the design of systems, products and assets deliver high levels of performance and safety.