We provide inspection services to the standards of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (OHS).
According to the Australian Workplace Health and Safety Regulations of 1998, all boilers and pressure vessels are required to be inspected by a Registered Plant Inspector in the following circumstances:
- Before being placed in service in the workplace for the first time
- After being returned to service after major structural repairs
- After being relocated, if it is a normally fixed plant
- When significant alterations or additions are made to pressure retaining parts
- At intervals specified by a code of practice (where one exists)
- As determined by the manufacturer, or the Director of Industry Safety, if there is conflict or other advice is not available.
All pressure vessels imported, made or designed in, or used in Australia must comply with OHS Regulations. Lloyd's Register is authorised by the Australian government to carry out such inspections.