Searchable access to the latest marine regulations
With the increasing volume and complexity of marine classification and statutory regulations, identifying those applicable to you can be an unpleasant task - difficult, time consuming and expensive. Lloyd's Register's Rulefinder software can help you lift this load.
What is Rulefinder?
Rulefinder is an interactive PC-based software system that provides you with fast and easy searchable access to an extensive library of consolidated versions of the latest requirements from both Lloyd's Register and the International Maritime Organization.
Further information can be found to the right, in the list of frequently asked questions.
What are the benefits?
Rulefinder offers substantial time savings through its quick and easy search capability, when compared with traditional hard-copy reference publications.
Updated twice yearly, Rulefinder gives you confidence that you are looking at the latest applicable Lloyd's Register class and statutory requirements.
Rulefinder provides exceptional financial value when compared to the equivalent list price of hard-copy publications and further cost savings can be made through the updates included as part of your annual subscription.
What documents does Rulefinder include?
Rulefinder Version 9.28 (July 2017) includes consolidated versions of the latest:
Lloyd's Register classification requirements, including:
- Rules and Regulations for the Classification of Ships, and additionally those for specialised ship types, including special service craft and naval ships
- Lloyd's Register Provisional Rules, e.g. for existing bulk carriers.
Common Structural Rules, including:
- Common Structural Rules for Bulk Carriers and Oil Tankers, January 2015
Statutory requirements, including:
- ten international conventions and protocols, including SOLAS and MARPOL
- over 20 international codes, including the ISPS, ISM, IBC, IGC and LSA codes
- IMO Assembly, MSC and MEPC resolutions and circulars
- ILO conventions.
For a comprehensive list of source documents download the official Rulefinder Version 9.28 (July 2017) Source Documents list, on the right hand side of this page.
If you would like to obtain a copy of Rulefinder you can purchase it online via the link on the right of the page. Alternatively you can contact your Local Lloyd's Register Group Office. If you have any questions or comments please email email@example.com.