ShipRight is Lloyd's Register's design assessment tool for structural and fatigue assessment and forms part of our classification service offering. It provides complete, end-to-end, assessment of structures against Lloyd’s Register’s direct calculation procedures.
The software works with your existing processes to save time and effort, allowing you to import data from other finite element model tools, view results clearly and target failure regions quickly. The end goal of the assessment process is to ensure that the final design of the hull will be durable for its entire operating life.
It is a modular software suite designed for ships and offshore units, specifically; FPSOs, FLNGs, container ships, membrane tank LNG ships and ore carriers.
- Clear process flow for each type of assessment.
- A robust tool which can help owners to reduce their risks.
- Significantly faster solver for the spectral fatigue solver.
- Interface with finite element model tools such as NASTRAN and PATRAN.
- Automated loading generation.
- Lloyd's Register's proprietary biaxial and shear buckling engine.
- Easy to use graphic user interface for yield strength and buckling assessments.
New Features in 2017
- ShipRight Fatigue Design Assessment Level 2 for LPG Carriers.
- Coverage of latest procedure updates:
- SDA Containerships (September 2016)
- SDA Membrane LNG (September 2016)
- SDA LPG type A and C (March 2017)