This two day course covers the key practical aspects of the modern bulk carrier. You will develop an appreciation of the way bulk carriers are constructed, operated and maintained.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the operation and maintenance of bulk carriers; from those starting out in ship management to superintendents, officers and engineers.
- The different classifications of bulk carriers
- Classification and statutory requirements
- Structural arrangements, including double hulls
- Common Structural Rules (CSR)
- Thickness measurement criteria
- The importance of grain and damage stability
- Basics of cargo hold, ballast tank, hatch cover and coating inspection
- Operational procedures such as loading and survey