This one day workshop will raise awareness of the ISO 50001 standard in the shipping industry, its requirements and benefits to your organisation.
ISO 50001 is an international standard developed by the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) which provides organisations with the requirements for energy management systems. ISO estimates that the standard could influence up to 60% of the world’s energy use.
Who will benefit?
This course will benefit those who have a responsibility for implementing ISO 50001 in your organisation, along with fleet superintendents.
- Greenhouse gases and the shipping industry
- Current and upcoming requirements on greenhouse gas emissions
- What is an energy management system?
- Introduction to ISO 50001
- ISO 50001 requirements
- ISO 50001 and other marine management systems
- Benefits of ISO 50001
At the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the background to greenhouse gas emissions and associated regulations in the shipping industry
- Understand the principles of an Energy Management System (EnMS)
- Identify the key requirements of ISO 50001
- Explain the benefits of ISO 50001 implementation.
Delegates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.