This comprehensive introduction begins by outlining the growing importance of LNG, from growth in demand, to future prospects.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the LNG industry requiring an overview of the carriage of LNG by sea.
Particular benefit to designers, owners, fleet managers, superintendents, consultants, flag state authorities and surveyors.
The course is suitable for anyone with a basic knowledge of ships and associated engineering disciplines.
- Introduction to LNG
- Introduction to the IGC Code
- Overview of LNG Ship containment systems
- Introduction to LNG Ship cargo operations
- Propulsion and machinery
What will you learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- develop an appreciation of the way LNG ships and their containment systems are designed, constructed and operated
- develop an understanding of the International Gas Carrier Code and Lloyd's Register Rules for ships for Liquefied Gases which are the key building blocks for anyone involved in modern LNG shipping
- develop an understanding of modern containment systems and the principles of LNG cargo operations.