This two-day course has been designed to provide the knowledge and skills required in accordance with the guidance and recommendation given by the IMO MSC-MEPC.7/circ.6 (19 October 2007).
Who should attend?
This course is of value to every DPA, assistant DPA or anybody else who is seeking this position and whose duties involve matters of safety and pollution prevention.
Your company will benefit from having a team member who will be able to play an important part in the implementation of the ISM Code.
The course will assist all current DPAs as well as those who wish to assume the position of DPA in improving their skills in implementing and managing a safety management system, by providing in-depth knowledge and understanding of the ISM Code as a management system, as well as a more practical approach to the Code.
Through a highly participative combination of presentations, group discussions, case studies plus individual and syndicate exercises, you will learn about and be able to understand the:
- Problems facing DPAs and ISM today.
- Effective communication with internal and external parties.
- Mandatory rules, regulations and other applicable industry guidance.
- ISM code amendments and risk assessment techniques.
- Continual improvement process, effectiveness of internal audits, root cause analysis and measuring the system’s performance.
- Port State Control and PR17 issues.
- Effective training and drills.
- Safety culture and human element issues.
Prerequisites for delegates
Knowledge of the ISM Code, management systems auditing training and experience preferable i.e. completion of the Lloyd’s Register’s ISM Internal Auditor training course.