The Lloyd's Register Nuclear Academy offers a comprehensive training programme in Probabilistic Safety Assessment (PSA). The programme includes an introductory course, an advanced course, and a range of specialised PSA training courses e.g. in Level 2 PSA, Human Reliability Analysis, PSA Applications, Seismic PSA, Internal Fire and Flooding PSA, Data Analysis, Analysis of Dependencies and Common Cause Failure (CCF).
PSA Part 1 (3 days) - Internal events Level 1 PSA
The purpose of the course is to give the participants a broad overview and a detailed introduction to PSA and its various elements. The focus is on Level 1 PSA and internal events analysis, but both Level 2 and 3 PSA will be treated. The course is tailored for people with none or minor experience in PSA. The lectures will be mixed with exercises using RiskSpectrum® PSA in order for the participants to get practical experience and a deeper understanding of the methodology.
- Introduction to PSA, History, Aim and Scope
- Overview of PSA Levels 1, 2 and 3
- Standards, Guidelines and Requirements from Regulators
- Introduction to IAEA Safety Guide SSG-3 on Level 1 PSA
- PSA Level 1, Internal events
- Initiating Events Analysis
- Sequence Analysis
- Success Criteria
- Systems Analysis
- Human Reliability Analysis (HRA)
- Data Analysis
- Result presentation and interpretation
- Hands-on practice using RiskSpectrum® PSA
- Introduction to RiskSpectrum
- Systems analysis (Fault trees)
- Sequence analysis (Event trees)
- Quantification and Interpretation of results
Our instructors are chosen on the basis of their areas of expertise, industry experience and proven results. As specialists in their respective fields, they have confronted and resolved many of the problems you are facing on a daily basis. Training modules combine theory with practical examples from the nuclear industry. Participants will also benefit from interactive sessions and hands-on practice using RiskSpectrum® PSA software.
A detailed agenda will follow soon. The course language is English.
Registration is binding. Please reply to this email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information
- The participants name
- Contact details
- The name of the course you wish to register (for example PSA part 1 training in Stockholm)
- Your invoice address and reference or order number, if any.
We reserve the right to cancel the training course if less number of participants registers.
The course fee is EUR 2595 and includes three days training in Lloyd's Register Office in Sweden. Payment is made in advance.
The course fee includes:
- 7-8 hours training per day
- Training Course documentation
- Lunch and refreshments
- Dinner the first evening
The course is subject to VAT, if applicable.
We offer discount in training fees on registration of more than 1 participant. Please send us email at email@example.com to know details about your discount.
Training will be held at our Swedish office in Stockholm.
Lloyd's Register Consulting - Energy AB
Landsvägen 50A, 2nd Floor, SE – 172 63
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org