This course is designed for plant personnel to learn the basics of the reliability based mechanical integrity (RBMI) process for rotating equipment and how to navigate and utilize the Capstone RBMI software to effectively develop and manage a risk-based integrity program for rotating equipment. The course includes hands-on work to maximize the learning experience.
- Introduction to RBMI
- Data collection
- Criticality for rotating equipment assets and components
- Activity planning
- Activity management
- Reports and report server
Key learning objectives
- Understand RBMI implementation and navigate the software
- Identify the two parts of risk and describe what influences risk rankings
- Understand data hierarchy and relationships
- Understand how criticality is calculated for components and the entire asset assembly
- Understand how probability of failure and consequence of failure are calculated
- Understand how RBMI strategies are used to create either risk-based or time-based activity work plans
- Generate activity recommendations and create activity work plans for a rotating equipment asset
- Understand how non-conformances are ranked and managed
- Run reports in report server
Who should attend?
Engineers and senior technicians who are managing or planning to implement an RBMI program for rotating equipment.