This course is designed for pipeline personnel to develop an understanding of the reliability based mechanical integrity (RBMI) pipeline module. It will help them to understand the similarities and the differences between the Fixed Equipment module and the Pipeline module and they will learn how to navigate and utilise the software to effectively develop and manage an RBMI program for onshore and offshore pipelines.
- Pipeline hierarchy and component types
- Probability of failure assessment
- Consequence of failure assessment
- Inspection methods and strategy rules
- Inspection planning
- Entering inspection data
- Attaching in-line data
Key learning objectives
- Understand and create the hierarchy and components associated with a pipeline
- Identify data collection sources
- Identify damage and deterioration mechanisms
- Understand how pipeline module calculates probability of failure (PoF)
- Identify factors common to the fixed equipment module and factors specific to the pipeline module
- Understand how RBMI pipeline module calculates consequences of failure (CoF)
- Identify environmental impacts and reputation impacts of pipeline failure
- Identify common inspection methods and applications
- Be aware of inspection strategy tables and how they affect inspection plans
- Understand how RBMI inspection strategies are used to create an inspection plan
- Establish the recommended inspection tasks and create an inspection plan for a pipeline segment
- Define data points, enter inspection records and evaluate results
- Identify the types of inspections that can be managed in the software
- Understand how non-conformances are ranked and managed using Capstone RBMI software
- Attach in-line (intelligent pigging) data to a pipeline section
- Attach remotely operated vehicle (ROV) subsea survey data to a pipeline section
Who should attend?
Managers and pipeline engineers who are managing or performing RBMI implementations on onshore and/or offshore pipelines and risers.
You will need to have completed the RBMI: Basic training course.