As part of an ongoing process to introduce competition in to the water services market, we operate the Water Industry Registration Scheme (WIRS) on behalf of water utility companies.
The Water Industry Registration Scheme Accredited Entity (WIRSAE) has been developed to allow companies, who fulfil the scheme requirements, to become registered as accredited WIRSAE Providers. WIRSAE Providers are referred to as Accredited Entities in the Wholesale Retail Code.
WIRS Scopes of Registration
WIRSAE Scopes of Registration
- Project management
- Construction of Mains and/or Services
- Construction of Routine Mains Connections (Please note for this scope construction of Mains and Services must be held)
- Service Connections only
- Construction of Routine or Non Routine Mains Connections (only applies in Scotland as stand-alone where construction accreditation is not separately)
- Meter Assets Maintenance (only applies to Scotland)
- New Scope launched June 2013* Permanent Disconnections Non-Household (only applies to Scotland)
- Temporary disconnections (up to 40mm supply)
- Temporary disconnections (over 40mm supply)
- Meter installation (up to 40mm)
- Meter installation (over 40mm)
- Meter Installation / replacement (all sizes inc. pipework configuration / chamber construction)
- Permanent disconnections (up to 40mm supply)
- Permanent disconnections (over 40mm supply)
Benefits of WIRS and WIRSAE accreditation
Accreditation under the scheme will provide the service provider with the following benefits:
- accreditation recognised by all water utilities and Water UK (WIRS)
- accreditation recognised by wholesalers who allow work undertaken by Accredited Entities (WIRSAE)
- independent assessment and registration process
- assignment of an accreditation mark which will represent the achievement of a high technical, quality and safety standard.
Need a quote? Have a question? Use our quick request form to ask us a question.