The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), coordinated by the Consumer Goods, was launched in May 2000. Under the umbrella of the GFSI, seven major retailers, including Walmart and Tesco, have reached a common acceptance of GFSI-benchmarked food safety schemes, including:
- FSSC 22000 Food Safety Manufacturing and Packaging
- SQF Food Safety and Packaging
- BRC Global Standard Food Safety
- BRC Global Standard Storage and Distribution
- BRC Global Standard Packaging
To reduce redundancy in the supply chain, retailers as well as food and beverage organizations across the supply chain have agreed to common acceptance of certification to any of the GFSI-accepted standards.
What are the benefits?
- Provide a convergence between food safety standards through maintaining a benchmarking process for food safety management schemes.
- Improve cost efficiency throughout the food supply chain through the common acceptance of GFSI recognized standards by retailers around the world.
- Provide a unique international stakeholder platform for networking, knowledge exchange and sharing of best food safety practices and information.
Need help with GFSI certification?
LR is a market leader in GFSI recognized food safety certification and assurance and specializes in certifying organizations around the world to FSSC 22000, BRC and SQF among other standards.
With so many food safety and assurance schemes in place, it can be tough to determine which works best for your business. Let LR food safety experts help. We’re an accredited and trusted provider of assessment services to the food and beverage industry with decades of experience working with large, medium and small clients in over 120 countries. We offer solutions and expertise to help meet your organization’s certification and business assurance needs.
Why choose LR?
Starting with an assessment of your existing food safety programs, LR can work with you to benchmark your processes and determine your most practical route to compliance and certification to one or more of the GFSI-accepted standards, depending on your requirements.
How we can help
We apply our expert solutions and independence to assure the integrity, reliability and success of every aspect of your operation. Helping maximize productivity and recovery, reduce operating costs, mitigate risk and demonstrate compliance with government regulations, industry codes and standards, many of which we have helped to develop.
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
AIC – Agricultural Industries Confederation
Learn how AIC ensures higher levels of animal feed food safety in the supply chain by implementing the Universal Feed Assurance Scheme (UFAS) standard.