Lloyd's Register Safety Accelerator: Transforming ideas into action
What we do
The Lloyd's Register Safety Accelerator is a challenge-based accelerator programme which solves some of safety and risk's toughest challenges by creating, facilitating and guiding collaboration between innovative digital startups and industry.
How we do it
Each quarter, the Lloyd's Register Safety Accelerator calls for applications from startups to help solve critical safety challenges set in conjunction with leading industry corporations.
Successful startups receive trial funding from the Safety Accelerator to pilot their solution with the industry challenge partner and receive access to domain expertise, mentoring and entrepreneurial support to help bring their solutions to market.
The Safety Accelerator sets and releases challenges for applications on a quarterly basis.
Upcoming Round dates:
- Round 1: Applications open June 2018; startup winners selected September 2018; trials live October-December 2018
- Round 2: Applications open October 2018; startup winners selected November 2018; trials live December 2018-February 2019
- Round 3: Applications open January 2019; startup winners selected February 2019; trials live March-May 2019
- Round 4: Applications open April 2019; startup winners selected May 2019; trials live June-September 2019
- Round 5: Applications open October 2019; startup winners selected January 2020; trials live January-March 2020
- Round 6: Challenge Partners to be announced January 2020.
Who we are
The Safety Accelerator is a joint initiative between Lloyd's Register Foundation, a charitable foundation helping to protect life and property by supporting engineering-related education, public engagement and the application of research, and Lloyd's Register, one of the world's leading provides of professional services for engineering and technology.
The Safety Accelerator is run in partnership with Plug and Play Tech Centre, the largest global innovation platform and most active venture capital fund in Silicon Valley.
Visit our FAQ page to find answers to some common questions about the Safety Accelerator.