For manufacturers exporting to or selling within the European Union, gaining the CE mark for their products can be a complicated process. This eLearning course offers an umbrella introduction to a wide range of European Community (EC) Directives, including:
- General introduction to the EEA, EC Directives and CE Marking
- Pressure Equipment Directive (PED 2014/68/EU)
- Simple Pressure Vessel Directive (SPVD 2014/29/EU)
- The Machinery Directive (MD 2006/42/EC)
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC 2014/30/EU)
- Low Voltage Directive (LVD 2014/35/EU)
- Construction Products Regulation (CPR No 305/2011)
Teaching by asking
Through our years of experience offering training for EC Directives, we have found that our clients rarely need the same level of training for all their employees - some are experienced and need a refresher course, while others are new to the concept of CE Marking.
LR’s adaptive learning methodology uses a ‘teach by asking’ approach that tests the learner’s knowledge and confidence before it teaches them. This helps them learn more efficiently by focusing on what they really need to study to gain competence.
As the learner goes through the training, our adaptive learning engine feeds continuous data points into an algorithm. This adjusts the course path for each person, giving them a faster, easier and more focused way to learn.
What you'll learn
This eLearning will help you navigate the requirements to gain the CE Marking for your product. You'll learn how to:
- Identify applicable legislation and requirements
- Identify the appropriate route to conformity
- Assess for conformity
- Create and compile a Technical File
- Declare conformity and CE Marking
Who will benefit?
The course is suitable for engineers and non-engineers alike.
Thanks to the flexible approach to learning, our CE Marking courses are ideal for virtually anyone at your company, ranging from those who need a general overview, to those who are involved in the design, development, production, selling or administration of products sold in the European market.