This three day course can help if you need to extend your auditing competence to include environmental management systems and you have already completed a lead auditor course. It provides the knowledge required to conduct second and third-party EMS audits effectively.
Successful completion of this course satisfies all the requirements to become a certified Environmental Lead Auditor.
Who should attend?
- Those who have successfully completed an IRCA certified Lead Auditor course and wish to extend the knowledge and skills to encompass EMS auditing
- Anyone who wants to satisfy the formal training requirements for IRCA certification.
What will you learn?
- The benefits of implementing an EMS and the background to ISO 14001 and EMAS
- Essential definitions and terminology for ISO 14001
- The purpose, intent and key requirements of ISO 14001 and similarities with ISO 9001
- The contribution that audits make to the effectiveness of a management system
- The role and responsibilities of an EMS auditor/lead auditor
- The relevance of environmental aspects and impacts
- To plan your audits by developing effective checklists
- To verify current practice conformity with defined requirements
- To improve the stability and robustness of a management system
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- To report your findings accurately against the requirements of ISO 14001
- What is corrective action and who takes responsibility
- The requirements to become a certificated auditor/lead auditor with IRCA.
What do you need to prepare?
- To have successfully completed an IRCA approved Lead Auditor course, or accepted equivalent. (If you do not meet the above criteria, you need to attend first the EMS Auditor/Lead Auditor training course)
- To have good knowledge of ISO 14001 standard, environmental management principles and concepts
- To have extensive experience in auditing management systems
- To complete approximately 2 hours of pre-course work prior to attending the course.
- 24 CPD hours
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments for public attendees only
- CQI & IRCA certificate
Your future development
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.