Lloyd's Register Safety Accelerator: Transforming ideas into action
What we do
The Lloyd's Register Safety Accelerator is a challenge-based accelerator programme which solves some of safety and risk's toughest challenges by creating, facilitating and guiding collaboration between innovative digital startups and leading industry corporations.
What are the benefits?
As a startup:
Collaborate with and build rewarding partnerships with our global network of leading international industry corporations
- Potential to receive trial funding from the Lloyd’s Register Safety Accelerator pot to pilot your solution
- Gain special access to experts who are leaders in their industry to adapt your product in the specific safety use-case
- Obtain further domain expertise, mentoring and support to help bring collaborated solutions to market pos- pilot
- Upon successful completion of the initial pilot, obtain market access to LR’s 60k+ clients
As a challenge partner:
- Be part of collaborative innovation workshops led by Design Thinking to unmask underlying issues and insights
- Guidance on Safety and Risk innovation from market experts and senior leadership
- The opportunity to grow your network within digital innovation and the Safetytech sector
- Access to our global digital technology community to solve your defined challenge
- Introduction to innovative high potential startups not normally within your supply chain
- Reducing risks by supporting the startup ’s trial costs; your only costs as a Challenge Partner are time and effort to run the trial
- A chance to operationalise and develop the final solution at scale in partnership with the award-winning Safety Accelerator
How we do it?
The Lloyd's Register Safety Accelerator calls for applications from startups to help solve critical safety challenges set in conjunction with leading industry corporations.
Successful startups receive trial funding from the Safety Accelerator to pilot their solution with the industry challenge partner and receive access to domain expertise, mentoring and support to help bring their solutions to market.
Who we are
The Safety Accelerator is a joint initiative between Lloyd's Register Foundation, a charitable foundation helping to protect life and property by supporting engineering-related education, public engagement and the application of research, and Lloyd's Register, one of the world's leading provides of professional services for engineering and technology.
The Safety Accelerator is run in partnership with Plug and Play Tech Centre, the largest global innovation platform and most active venture capital fund in Silicon Valley.
Visit our FAQ page to find answers to some common questions about the Safety Accelerator.