The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of Food Safety Management Systems against the requirements in ISO 22000:2018, ISO 22002-1, FSSC 22000 v5, in accordance with ISO 19011, ISO 22003 and ISO 17021, as applicable. During the course, delegates will learn how to audit Food Safety Management Systems, and how to lead audits and audit teams, both in their own organizations and in others (such as suppliers).
What will you learn?
- To describe the purpose of a Food Safety Management System, of Food Safety Management Systems standards, of management system audit and of third-party certification.
- Be able to explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a Food Safety Management System audit in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Be able to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of a Food Safety Management System to establish conformity with ISO 22000, ISO 22002-1, and FSSC additional requirements, in accordance with ISO 19011.
What do you need to prepare?
Before starting this course, learners are encouraged to take an introductory course to Food Safety Management Systems and ISO/FSSC 22000. For a successful completion, we recommend the following previous knowledge:
- Implementing or operating a management system within a food sector context.
This includes any private schemes such as BRCGS, GLOBALG.A.P., SQF, FSSC and/or other schemes which include management system components.
- Relevant key food safety legislation (this may be specific to delegates’ food industry context and location).
- Knowledge of prerequisite programmes as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1.
- Good Practice guides for Agriculture (GAP), Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP), Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading (GTP) depending on the segment of the food chain in which the student operates.
- The principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- The requirements of ISO 22000 and FSSC 22000.
- Start of course. Verification of pre-work course.
- FSSC 22000 and FSMS fundamentals.
- The audit process, roles and responsibilities and meetings.
- Auditor behaviours and skills.
- Pre-audit activities and scopes.
- Case study - Food safety hazards and system documentation review (strategic planning).
- Stage 1 audit
- Case study - Hazard analysis audit
- Case study - Interviewing top management
- Planning the stage 2 audit
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Prerequisite programmes
- Case study - Prerequisite programmes.
- Audit reporting and identifying nonconformities.
- Corrective action and follow up.
- FSSC additional requirements.
- Case study - TACCP audit.
- Case study audits.
- Auditor development and course review.
Learners who successfully complete the training and successfully pass the final examination and continual assessment will be issued with an CQI & IRCA + FSSC recognised Certificate of Completion. Learners who attend the full duration of the course but fail the final examination will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.
Certification with Exemplar Global
You can now add Exemplar Global Certification to Lloyd's Register training courses.
What are the advantages of adding the Exemplar Global Certification to this course?
With the additional Exemplar Global Course Certification, you will get access to:
- The Exemplar Global Work Style Behavioural Assessment
- One-Year Graduate Certification
- Use of Exemplar Global’s brands and logo to promote your certification
- Access to Exemplar Global Webinars and Online events
- Access to Exemplar Global online resources, including Auditor OnLine and regular Job Board notifications
- Access to the social community of graduates
- An innovative, continual learning environment for learners and graduates
- Ongoing support for an entrepreneurial career track for graduates and learners
How to add Exemplar Global Certification to your training course?
If you are interested in booking, please contact our team directly.