This one-day course is delivered by our information security experts and aims to give you an overview of the benefits and purpose of an information security management system (ISMS). The requirements are reviewed in detail, along with the processes involved in establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing and improving an ISMS.
You will learn how to protect your organisation from a breach in information security and understand the advantages of implementing ISO 27001:2013 requirements and gaining certification.
Who should attend?
Individuals working for any business area that interacts with stakeholder data and information as data management and protection, IT services, human resources and financial & accounting.
What will you learn?
- Benefits, purpose and processes involved in managing an ISMS
- Purpose, intent and understanding of the requirements for ISO 27001 certification
- Basic principles of the standard and an overview of the (PDCA) cycle
- The basic approach to risk assessment
- To develop an information security infrastructure
- To identify assets, risk owners, threats, vulnerabilities and business impacts
- To identify any gaps in your existing controls and address the controls within Annex A of the standard
- The subjects of confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and the importance of these when assessing risks and implementing controls
- The design, deployment and review of the risk assessment methodology.
What do you need to prepare?
Knowledge about the types of data held by your organisation and the methods used to store and process this data.
- 7 CPD hours
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments
- Certificate of attendance.
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.
Your future development
Certification with Exemplar Global
You can now add Exemplar Global Certification to Lloyd's Register training courses.
What are the advantages of adding the Exemplar Global Certification to this course?
With the additional Exemplar Global Course Certification, you will get access to:
- The Exemplar Global Work Style Behavioural Assessment
- One-Year Graduate Certification
- Use of Exemplar Global’s brands and logo to promote your certification
- Access to Exemplar Global Webinars and Online events
- Access to Exemplar Global online resources, including Auditor OnLine and regular Job Board notifications
- Access to the social community of graduates
- An innovative, continual learning environment for learners and graduates
- Ongoing support for an entrepreneurial career track for graduates and learners
How to add Exemplar Global Certification to your training course?
If you are interested in booking, please contact our team directly.
Access the course online and study at your own pace, at a time and place to suit you.
Introduction to ISO 27001:2013 Requirements
Virtual classroom training courses delivered by one of our expert trainers.
6 Aug - 7 Aug 2020
- AUD 472 excluding tax
1 Oct - 2 Oct 2020
- AUD 472 excluding tax