You need this course if...
- You want to audit OH&S Management Systems against OHSAS 18001 requirements
- You are an Auditor or OH&S System Manager and want to add to your credibility with a widely accepted qualification
- You want to satisfy the formal training requirements for IRCA certification
You will learn...
- The purpose and benefits of an OH&S management system
- Essential definitions to help you interpret and audit OHSAS 18001 requirements
- To analyse OHSAS 18001 clauses and suggest examples of evidence that would show conformance with these requirements
- The importance of hazard identification and risk assessment and risk control
- How organizations can take a preventive approach to risk management through the effective implementation of OHSAS 18001
- The roles and responsibilities of an auditor and lead auditor
- To plan and conduct an interview with top management and evaluate an organisation’s OH&S policy and objectives
- To prepare an on-site audit plan that establishes effective audit trails across processes, areas and between members of an audit team
- How to conduct process and area audits and evaluate the effective implementation of an OH&S management system
- How to prepare for your audits by developing effective checklists
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- How to evaluate objective evidence and correctly identify conformance and nonconformance with requirements
You will need
- Knowledge and understanding of OHSAS 18001 and experience of auditing
- Ideally to have attended our OHSAS 18001 Appreciation and Interpretation course or our OHSAS 18001 Internal Auditor course
- To understand the basics of how organisations work and the role of top management
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.
Your future development
- EMS and QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor conversion courses
- Advanced OH&S Auditor/Lead Auditor
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- See our Business Improvement courses
Certification with Exemplar Global
You can now add Exemplar Global Certification to Lloyd's Register training courses.
What are the advantages of adding the Exemplar Global Certification to this course?
With the additional Exemplar Global Course Certification, you will get access to:
- The Exemplar Global Work Style Behavioural Assessment
- One-Year Graduate Certification
- Use of Exemplar Global’s brands and logo to promote your certification
- Access to Exemplar Global Webinars and Online events
- Access to Exemplar Global online resources, including Auditor OnLine and regular Job Board notifications
- Access to the social community of graduates
- An innovative, continual learning environment for learners and graduates
- Ongoing support for an entrepreneurial career track for graduates and learners
How to add Exemplar Global Certification to your training course?
If you are interested in booking, please contact our team directly.