At LR we understand that lifting operations can be a high risk area in any project. Safe and continual performance of lifting equipment crucially depends on controlling risk. The root cause of 59% of lifting incidents was attributed to a human factor with 33.3% being caused by equipment failure.
Our asset integrity lifting services provide you with expertise to help mitigate this risk and enhance safety. We help ensure your lifting equipment is designed, manufactured and built in accordance with industry standards and regulatory requirements, and that it operates safely and efficiently throughout its life.
What we offer
Lloyd’s Register’s lifting integrity team provides a broad range of services for your lifting and mechanical handling equipment, from certification through to consultancy on Asset Life Extension (ALE).
You can be faced with a myriad of challenges during day to day operations, failure or issues with lifting devices can not only pose safety risks but can also significantly delay projects or work scopes.
Our experts apply a risk based approach and can advise you on a wide spectrum of lifting devices, from a large crane to a pad eye, across the entire subject matter, from structural aspects through to wire rope selection. We have extensive experience in the UK, overseas and offshore across a variety of working environments, from subsea, construction, and pipe-lay vessels, to offshore drilling installations and production platforms, wind farms, construction sites and fabrication shops.
- Written scheme of examination
- Structural Integrity Management Strategy (SIMS)
- Risk Based Inspection Strategy & Planning
- Asset Life Extension feasibility
- Design appraisal, fabrication surveillance and witnessing of load tests
- Approval of repair procedures, on-site monitoring or repair, testing and close-out
- Establishing a trend of failures/defects and identifying severity
- Identifying specific remedial action required for each failed component
- Review planned maintenance routine for every asset
What are the benefits?
- Confidence in the safety of your lifting and mechanical handling equipment
- Demonstration of compliance to regulatory authorities
- Reduce failures
- Improved equipment availability
- Save costs by focusing inspection activities
- Safely extend the life of lifting equipment
Why choose LR?
We are recognised as a leader in the provision of lifting services with extensive experience over multiple lifting devices. We provide you with access to a single source of expertise, including Chartered Engineers, material verification, NDE, and corrosion specialists. As experts in asset integrity we’re committed to helping you exceed not only your safety objectives, but your operational and performance objectives.
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
Yara improves process safety, asset integrity and efficiency.
Optimising resources throughout the RBI evergreening process for better data quality and more efficient inspection data management.
What we think
LR's experts regularly share their research and insights.
Join us at these forthcoming events
28 Jan 21
BRCGS Food Safety Europe 2021.
17 Mar 21
Food Integrity Conference
12 Apr 21
Seatrade Cruise Global 2021.