Originally issued in 2001, the BRCGS Packaging Standard is now in Issue 5 which was released in July 2015.
BRCGS Packaging Standard Issue 5 is the first packaging standard in the world to have been recognised by the GFSI benchmarking committee. Now, 3500+ organisations in 80+ countries are certified to BRCGS Packaging Issue 5.
LR holds accreditation from UKAS to ISO 17065:2012 which together with our expertise in the food, packaging and consumer goods sectors means we are your accredited certification body of choice for BRCGS Packaging Issue 5 certification. We are a market leader in BRCGS certification, having certified large, medium and small organisations across North America, Latin America, Europe and the Middle East.
What are the benefits of the BRCGS Packaging Standard?
- Benchmarked by the GFSI, enabling your organisation to achieve certification to a GFSI-recognised standard.
- Leading packaging standard of choice with more than 3500+ certifications globally.
- It offers additional modules, such as the AuditOne™ Voluntary Module, that enables your organisation to comply with F4SS requirements and helps support your organisations ability to supply to major brands such as P&G, Johnson & Johnson, Unilever, L’Oreal and Estee Lauder, GoJo among others.
- Customer satisfaction – a single comprehensive verification program enabling regular reporting to food retailers and other parties as agreed.
- Best practice – assurance that systems in place are working to enable production of safe packaging.
- Reduced costs – continual improvement of the quality, hygiene and product safety systems resulting on operations efficiencies.
- Single verification programme enabling regular reporting to food retailers and other parties as agreed.
- Comprehensive and focused on quality, legality and product safety.
- Addresses part of the ‘due diligence’ requirements of packaging manufacturer/ supplier; packer/filler and retailer.
- Regular surveillance visits help ensure continual improvement of the quality, hygiene and product safety system.
- A standardised reporting format gives information on how sites meet the requirements.
Need help with the BRCGS Packaging Standard?
The BRCGS Packaging Standard is divided into eight manufacturing technologies, including glass manufacture and forming, papermaking and conversion, metal forming, rigid plastics manufacture, print processes and chemical processes. In addition, the standard consists of six sections including Senior Management Commitment, Hazard and Risk Management System, Product Safety and Quality Management, Site Standards, Product and Process Control and Personnel.
The certification visit includes inspection of your hazard and risk management system, technical management system to include quality and hygiene systems and factory standards, products, processes and personnel. The visit includes preparation of the Audit Report, which will be sent to you following approval, at which point you can issue to your customers to demonstrate your ability to meet the requirements of the Standard.
Why choose LR?
- Experience - We are a market leader in the provision of packaging, consumer goods, safety, quality and food safety assessment, certification and training services, and some of the world’s best known organisations choose LR for their assessment and certification needs.
- Proven track record - We have high-profile clients in the packaging, food, retail, logistics, storage and distribution sectors.
- BRCGS Specialists - Our assessors are industry specialists and experts who are matched with your business needs, enabling an effective and robust assessment of your system.
- Independent accreditation – LR holds accreditation from UKAS to ISO 17065:2012, enabling us to deliver accredited BRC certification.
- Global assessment reach – We’ve certified organisations to BRCGS across North America, Latin America, Europe and the Middle East.
- AuditOneTM – We are an approved AuditOne™ certification body with resources ready to deliver your BRC Packaging Issue 5 + AuditOne™ Voluntary Module certification.
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
Food safety management system certification builds trust in Starbucks.
Achieving an FSSC certification has helped Starbucks China to enhance risk prevention and set a new benchmark for food safety in the catering industry.
Join us at these forthcoming events
11 Nov 20
Agribusiness 2021 Conference
17 Mar 21
Food Integrity Conference
12 Apr 21
Seatrade Cruise Global 2021.