Despite the growth of renewable energy, it can still be difficult to demonstrate commercial viability at the early stages of development – and uncertainty can be the difference between a “go” and a “no go”. Energy resource assessment services can not only dramatically reduce the uncertainty (and increase confidence) but also help you make decisions from the earliest stages through to operation. We provide services to support developers, owners and operators of renewable projects to understand, value and optimise assets and their financial returns.
What we offer
We offer a full suite of resource assessment services for onshore wind, offshore wind and solar farms, including:
- Bankable energy yield assessment
- Site prospecting and feasibility assessment
- Measurement campaign specification and data monitoring
- Site design and optimisation
- Complex site modelling (including Computational Fluid Dynamics)
- Site conditions assessment
- Operational yield assessment
- Noise and shadow flicker mitigation
- Technical due diligence
What are the benefits?
LR’s energy resource assessment services enable you to reduce uncertainty and maximise confidence by:
- Drawing on the expertise of a specialist team, with global experience
- Quantifying and communicating the value of the project for investors and banks
- Determining which technology will be most competitive and effective for specific site conditions
- Identifying opportunities to improve yield through site design
- Creating efficiencies by futureproofing design of measurement campaigns
- Quantifying the yield impact of site-specific environmental characteristics
- Understanding historical performance of assets to inform future yields and optimise returns
Why choose LR?
Our ERS team has worked on over 600 renewables projects across the globe, with a combined total capacity of 34GW. Our expertise is focused on onshore wind, solar and offshore wind. Our combined knowledge, skills set and track record represent decades’ worth of hands-on analytical and technical expertise in the international wind and solar industries. This enables investors, developers, operators and manufacturers to drive forward new renewable energy projects, with the confidence that they will run efficiently and productively throughout the project lifecycle.
How well are South African wind farms performing? Analysis of round 1 wind farms.
South Africa is now home to over 25 wind farms with more due to begin generating electricity in the coming months and years. This analysis examines wind farm generation data to assess how well those projects are performing. This allows comparison for project owners and investors to understand how they are operating relative to each other and also international wind farms.
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
Doosan Babcock: Doing socially responsible business.
Doing socially responsible business. Structural assessment and tailored support to implement ISO 26000 across operations. Read our case study.
What we think
LR's experts regularly share their research and insights.
Join us at these forthcoming events
22 May 19
Confined Spaces: An Expert Forum
4 Jun 19
10 Sep 19