10 Sep 2019
- Location London
- Venue The Leadenhall Building, 122 Leadenhall St, EC3V 4AB
Taking place at the ‘Global Trade Hub’ in the heart of London and hosted by Maritime UK and the UK government during London International Shipping Week, Lloyd's Register digital innovation - LR Aurora and the Lloyd’s Register Safety Accelerator will come together to showcase their innovative solutions, designed to improve safety and reduce risk globally.
- Meet some of the leading startups and innovators developing new digital technologies and approaches, revolutionising safety and reducing risk for ship operators and seafarers.
- Join LR Aurora and the Lloyd’s Register Safety Accelerator for an evening of knowledge-sharing and networking, explore ground-breaking technology demos, and hear from current Safety Accelerator startups piloting new digital technology, to tackle critical marine safety and risk challenges.
- 5.00 to 5.30 Registration
- 5.30 to 5.40 Pioneering Safetytech Globally, Dr. Maurizio Pilu, Vice President, Digital Innovation, Lloyd’s Register
- 5.40 to 6.00 Deriving unprecedented value from data through Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Artificial Intelligence (AI), to enhance safety, Elena Prekopova, Director, Digital Innovation, Lloyd’s Register
- 6.00 to 6.30 LR Safety Accelerator and Startup Lightning Pitches, Steve Price, LR Safety Accelerator Director
- Sensing Feeling
- 6.30 to 6.50 Panel Discussion
- 6.50 to 7.30 Networking and event close
Find out more about the event sessions:
Pioneering Safetytech Globally, Dr. Maurizio Pilu, Vice President, Digital Innovation, Lloyd’s Register
LR Aurora is where we ignite new ideas and work with our clients to develop innovative solutions at the cutting edge of data and digital technology. The Lloyd’s Register Safety Accelerator, a joint initiative between LR Aurora and Lloyd’s Register Foundation in partnership with Plug and Play, brings startups and corporates together to trial digital safety and risk solutions. This presentation will showcase the programme’s work with corporate challenge partners in the Shipping industry, engaging 400 innovative global startups, with more than 40 finalists and has funded 12 global safety and risk trials, with more to come.
Deriving unprecedented value from data through Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to enhance safety, Elena Prekopova, Director, Digital Innovation, Lloyd’s Register
Find out how LR Aurora’s SafetyScanner solution can help you transform the way you make HSE decisions through the use of artificial intelligence. Developed in-house, LR SafetyScanner helps you analyse incident and risk reports from multiple locations and formats through the use of Natural Language Processing (NLP) – uncovering previously hidden insights and helping you map out the bigger safety picture.
Safety Accelerator Startup Lightning Pitches
Three Lloyd’s Register Safety Accelerator’s digital innovators, Sensing Feeling, Invision AI and Senseye, will present current pilot projects aimed at improving safety and reducing risk in the marine sector. Hear how these Safety Accelerator startups are transferring learnings from security, aerospace and industrial sectors, and technologies like AI, computer vision and machine learning to tackle critical marine safety challenges including fatigue, decision making and ensuring safe use of critical equipment.