BP Trinidad and Tobago LLC. (BPTT), one of the leading upstream operators in Trinidad and Tobago's Energy sector, is working with Lloyd's Register (LR) to deliver increased efficiencies and improve asset integrity across both onshore and offshore facilities including BPTT's network of pipelines.
The Corrosion Monitoring and Management Services (CMMS) contract is using LR's broad range of technical services and specialist subject matter experts to provide engineering guidance and technical insight across the full BPTT infrastructure. Throughout the project, LR specialists will be deployed that have the technical understanding in critical areas such as cathodic protection, corrosion monitoring equipment and data analysis. Additional core corrosion disciplines such as flow assurance, failure analysis, and Fitness-For-Service are also included in the project scope.
BPTT is a member of the BP Group and has fourteen (14) offshore production platforms in the region. It is one of the country's largest hydrocarbon producers, accounting for about 60 per cent of the nation's hydrocarbon production. About 65 per cent of its natural gas is exported as LNG - the major portion of which goes to the United States. The other 35 per cent is sold for use as fuel for local industry.
Steve Masson, Operations Manager for LR in Trinidad and Tobago, says: "We are delighted to be extending our support to BP in their Trinidad and Tobago operations. As the supplier of corrosion related services we are creating real and essential value for BPTT through our wide range of corrosion management support and proving full access to our global technical specialists."
LR has been supporting BPTT Integrity Management and Subsea Operations for more than eight (8) years with a highly committed and dedicated team of engineers and specialists.
Masson highlights: "To act as the main supplier on this CMMS contract is testament to the investment we have made over the years in building our skills-base (both locally and internationally) through talent acquisitions and expanding the right level of technical capability through our commitment to local resource development. It proves that our offering is benefiting the local industry, and this approach provides consistency and guaranteed quality support for BPTT's operations."