LR SEASAFE Professional is a fully-integrated CAD-type graphics-driven package for 3D modelling and naval architectural calculations based on the 3D model of the vessel. All SEASAFE projects require a geometric definition of the hull, together with as many internal compartments as needed to support the type of required calculations/analyses.
All the commands and functions in the software are presented in a user-friendly and accessible way through well-organized and structured sets of options, context-sensitive menus and other graphical controls directly on the screen; this way the software does not require the user to memorize any commands write any scripts in order to run the calculations and produce the necessary output. The report function is highly configurable with a number of useful preset’s following the industry standards.
Vessel 3D Model and Database
The hull form, if faired, is normally modelled using a set of longitudinal curves built up of B-Splines. The non-faired hull shapes (such as those of jack-up rigs and semi-submersible offshore platforms) or parts of the hull such as hull appendages (rudders, propellers and their shafts etc.) or spaces open to the sea (sea chests, thruster holes) are normally modelled using a set of basic shapes and other parametric shapes that allow definition of most complicated bouyant parts of any type of vessels.
The compartments are modelled using constraints such as the hull, the longitudinal and transverse bulkheads and decks, as well as basic shapes and other parametric shapes.
The LR SEASAFE Professional system focuses on rapid development of the 3D vessel model, which is suitable for running the necessary calculations for the production of related T&S Booklets and Marine Operations Manuals. A 3D wind model can also be created in the software to calculate how the wind affects the vessel's stability, which is mostly used for offshore structures.
Additional information is added to the database depending on the type of calculations that need to be run on that vessel model. Such information can include the reference points such as unprotected or weathertight opening, the intact and damage stability criteria (all standard stability criteria are predefined), the wind areas and wind pressure profiles, the lightweight distributions for longitudinal strength - together with their associated shear force and bending moment permissibles, the external moments such as lifting or towing to support statutory stability criteria evaluation. Also, loadable areas and devices such as cranes, deck areas, container bays, ro-ro vehicle decks, hatches and tweendeck panels, timber decks etc. can be defined to support the required loading operations and other calculations.
LR SEASAFE Professional has a comprehensive range of features, some of which are listed below:
- 3D modelling of faired hulls and surfaces, using lines plan, offset tables, or data imported from 3rd party software via DXF, IGES, STEP and other formats. The faired surfaces can, if needed, be combined with advanced parametric shapes for rapid modelling of appendages such as rudders, propellers, etc. or for modelling of vessel's superstructure and the hulls and other parts of offshore structures.
- Body plan, offset tables, cross sections and other hull related output
- Hydrostatics for hull and compartments, bonjean curves, curves of areas, cross curves of stability etc.
- Production of Ullage / Sounding tables
- Analysis of Loading Conditions
- Detailed Intact and Damage Stability analysis for any loading condition (against all current regulations such as IMO, SOLAS, MAPOL etc)
- Limiting KG/GM Curves generation: Intact and damage stability for ranges of conditions (sets of draughts/trims or displacements/trims, against all current regulations such as IMO, SOLAS, MARPOL etc). For offshore structures, the calculations can be done with respect to any direction of wind and evaluation axis 360° around the vessel.
- Probabilistic damage stability (SOLAS 2009 or Harmonized Probabilistic Damage Stability calculations - Latest Revision of SOLAS Chapter II-1, Parts A, B and B1) and SPS Code for the ships whose keel is laid after 1 January 2009.
- Also, available are the old probabilistic calculations for the older passenger and dry cargo ships.
- Grain Stability: generation of Grain Shift Moments in grain compartments and calculation of Allowable Grain Heeling Moments for Stability
- Timber Stability: for vessels carrying timber
- 360° Stability calculations as required for Offshore Structures such as semi-submersible offshore platforms and jack-up rigs
- Longitudinal strength (sheer forces, also shear force correction, bending and torsion moments)
- Grounding calculations (single, two point and shelf grounding)
- Oil Outflow calculations
- Advanced Reporting Functionality for production of Booklets directly from the software in PDF or MS Word formats.
Report Function and Production of Booklets and MOMs
The user-friendly and configurable report function enables quick output customisation and production directly from the software, either in PDF or editable MS Word formats. It also incorporates text and graphics from other sources into one single document if required.
SEASAFE Professional can run on the following operating systems:
Microsoft Windows 10 (all 32-bit/64-bit editions) [recommended]
Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1 (all 32-bit editions, all 64-bit editions) [recommended]
dual core or higher 2.4 GHz+ (i5 or i7 series Intel processor or equivalent AMD)
Intel Pentium IV or higher if Microsoft Windows XP
Minimum RAM requirements:
at least 4 GB
Graphics Card requirements:
a 2 GB or higher graphics card is recommended
1600x1200 resolution and at least 20” monitor [recommended]
The software is dual-monitor compatible, so a second monitor can be beneficial depending on usage scenario.
If the software is downloaded as a single self-installing executable [download ~35 MB]:
USB stick or direct Internet Connection [recommended]
If the software is purchased on a CD-ROM:
CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive or similar device capable of reading CD-ROM
Hard-disk space required:
Minimum installation: 40 MB (online help included)
Maximum installation: 3-15 MB per ship + full SEASAFE documentation 40-50 MB