Port cranes are major investments. We help make sure they're built correctly - to your specifications.
Lloyd’s Register has dedicated teams for design appraisal, inspection and certification of port cranes to help our clients through the process of commissioning port equipment.
Our team is based in China, the epicenter of port crane construction, but our project managers and coordinators are based around the world, ready to cater to your schedule.
What types of cranes do we inspect?
We have experience inspecting and certifying several types of port cranes, including:
- Ship-to-shore (STS)
- Rubber tyre gantry (RTG)
- Rail-mounted gantry (RMG)
- Ship loader/unloader
- Harbour cranes
- On-shore cranes
- Workshop cranes, such as shipyard goliath cranes, hoists, ringer cranes
We parter with you as early as design appraisal review, and continue through to on-site installation. Typically, for new construction cranes, our services follow the following stages of commissioning:
- Structure, mechanical, electrical design review
- Review of Quality Assurance Plan (QAP)
- Review of Inspection & Test Plan (ITP)
- Review of welder qualification certificate
- Qualification of suppliers
- Inspection of storage condition
- Witnessing of material verification tests
Inspect purchased/sub-contracted parts
Inspect steel structures
inspect machined parts
Inspect electrical installation
- Inspection during commissioning and testing
- Inspection during loading and sea fastening
- Site acceptance testing
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
Zodiac Maritime: Championing corporate social responsibility.
Championing corporate responsibility. From classification and certification to corporate report verification. Read our case study.
What we think
LR's experts regularly share their research and insights.
Join us at these forthcoming events
5 Mar 19
Security & Policing 2019
Farnborough, United Kingdom
13 Mar 19
Australia Oil & Gas Exhibition & Conference 2019
27 Mar 19
Offshore Mediterranean Conference & Exhibition 2019