TL 9000 was developed by QuEST Forum in 1998 as an extension to ISO 9001 to meet the quality requirements of the telecommunications industry supply chain.
What is TL 9000 certification?
TL 9000 is a two part system with both management and measurement components. In addition to the requirements of ISO 9001, there are additional requirements for organisations:
- Establish and maintain a common set of quality requirements, reducing the number of standards for the telecoms industry
- Drive continuous improvement and enhance customer relationships
- Define cost and performance based measurements to guide progress and evaluate implementation.
In addition to being fully compliant with ISO 9001, all organisations are expected to comply with:
- Telecom specific requirements for registrations
- Telecom specific requirements for hardware, software and/or service registrations
- Specific industry measurements in all product categories
In addition to the measurements above, specific measurements for certain product categories for hardware, software and/or services also apply.
What are the benefits?
- Competitive edge - Demonstrate to your customers that quality is a priority and set yourself apart from the competition
- Minimise risk - Identify and prevent risks at an early stage to protect your supply chain
- Best Practice - Demonstrate your commitment to quality and industry requirements with a management system certified to TL 9000
- Reduced costs - By Identifying and preventing risks before they occur, you can protect your bottom line
Why choose LR?
Lloyd's Register has been at the forefront of standards development and involved in QMS assessment and certification for a number of years.
Proven track record
We have high-profile clients in the finance, telecommunications, software, internet, consultancy, justice and government sectors.
Our assessors are management systems experts qualified in quality management and other aspects of quality standards.
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
Food safety management system certification builds trust in Starbucks.
Achieving an FSSC certification has helped Starbucks China to enhance risk prevention and set a new benchmark for food safety in the catering industry.