You need this course if...
You are an experienced Internal QMS Auditor who wants to carry out EMS or combined QMS/EMS internal audits.
You will learn...
- The purpose, intent and key requirements of ISO 14001 and the similarities with ISO 9001
- The business benefits of implementing an EMS and the background to ISO 14001 and EMAS
- The contribution internal EMS audits can make to the effectiveness of your management system
- How to determine environmental aspects and impacts
- The importance and relevance of environmental aspects and impacts and environmental legislation
- How to plan your audits by developing effective checklists
- How to verify that current practice in your organisation conforms with defined requirements
- That auditing for conformity can improve the stability and robustness of management systems
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and sampling of documentation
- To report the findings accurately
- What corrective action is and who is responsible for taking action
- How to follow up and verify the effectiveness of corrective action taken.
You will need...
Ideally, to have received formal training in internal auditing of a QMS and have carried out a number of audits.
Your future development
- Two days for the in-house course. For eLearning, the average guided learning time is intended to be between 5-7 hours. Study time can vary depending on a range of factors including; delegates' current understanding of the subject, study environment and learning style.
Training with LR
With LR, you can access a wide range of courses to help you further your career and bring improvements to the management systems in your organisation. With many learning styles to choose from, our training courses can help you develop and reach your next level. Find more courses here.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.