This five-day training course will enable you to audit Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) against FSSC 22000 Version 5, ISO 22000:2018 and ISO 22002-1 requirements.
You will learn the role and responsibilities of an FSMS Lead Auditor and the principles and benefits that underpin an FSMS. You will develop the knowledge and skills needed to lead audits and audit teams.
What will you learn?
- Principles, benefits and continual improvement of an FSMS in your organisation
- Processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of food safety hazards
- The importance of aligning food safety specific controls with other general management system controls
- How audits contribute to the effectiveness of a management system
- The role and responsibilities of a FSMS auditor/ lead auditor in accordance with ISO 19011:2018
- How to prepare thoroughly for audit and the value of process-based checklists
- How to gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- To relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of the organisation, including applicable regulations and legislation
- To report your findings accurately against the requirements of ISO 22000:2018 and/or FSSC 22000 Version 5.
What do you need to prepare?
- Knowledge of food safety management principles and concepts, key food safety legislation and PRPs as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1
- An understanding of the relevant good practice guide for your respective segment
- Knowledge of HACCP principles as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22000 or acceptable equivalent, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA certified ISO 22000:2018 Foundation (FSMS) Training course or equivalent.
Your future development
Available delivery methods
Delivered by one of our expert trainers who facilitates participation and discussion.
Work with our training experts to develop a training course or programme specific to your exact requirements.