This course will provide you with the skills needed to assess and report on the effective implementation and maintenance of a food safety management system based on the requirements of FSSC 22000 version 5 and ISO 22000:2018 and in accordance with the ISO 19011:2018 guidelines.
What will you learn?
- Describe the purpose of a food safety management system, of food safety management systems standards, of management system audit and of third-party certification.
- The role and responsibilities of an internal auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a food safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011.
- How to prepare thoroughly for audit and the value of process-based checklists.
- How to gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation.
- To report your findings accurately against the requirements FSSC 22000 Version 5 and ISO 22000:2018 and in accordance with ISO 19011
What do you need to prepare?
- Knowledge of food safety management principles and concepts, key food safety legislation and PRPs as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1
- An understanding of the relevant good practice guide for your respective segment
- Knowledge of HACCP principles as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22000 or acceptable equivalent, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA certified ISO 22000:2018 Foundation (FSMS) Training course or equivalent.
Your future development
- FSMS Lead Auditor
Training with LR
With LR, you can access a wide range of courses to help you further your career and bring improvements to the management systems in your organisation. With many learning styles to choose from, our training courses can help you develop and reach your next level. Find more courses here.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.