This course will provide you with the skills needed to assess and report on the effective implementation and maintenance of a food safety management system based on the requirements of FSSC 22000 version 5 and ISO 22000:2018 and in accordance with the ISO 19011:2018 guidelines.
What will you learn?
- Describe the purpose of a food safety management system, of food safety management systems standards, of management system audit and of third-party certification.
- The role and responsibilities of an internal auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a food safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011.
- How to prepare thoroughly for audit and the value of process-based checklists.
- How to gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation.
- To report your findings accurately against the requirements FSSC 22000 Version 5 and ISO 22000:2018 and in accordance with ISO 19011
What do you need to prepare?
- Knowledge of food safety management principles and concepts, key food safety legislation and PRPs as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1
- An understanding of the relevant good practice guide for your respective segment
- Knowledge of HACCP principles as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22000 or acceptable equivalent, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA certified ISO 22000:2018 Foundation (FSMS) Training course or equivalent.
Your future development
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.