You need this course if...
- You are a manager or supervisor who needs an introduction to safety and health in the workplace
- You are required to manage efficiently and effectively, in accordance with your organisation’s safety policy and best practice in safety and health legislation
- You need to apply sound management principles to safety and health issues as part of a total management strategy.
You will learn...
- To explain the competent parts of a recognised safety management systems such as HSG 65 or BS 8800 and appreciate the role of risk assessment within the system
- To compare safety management systems with other management systems and describe how to integrate systems successfully if appropriate
- To identify the data and techniques required to produce an adequate record of an incident and demonstrate the procedure for an accident investigation, recognising the human factors involved
- Describe statutory requirements for reporting and procedures for checking non-reporting
- Define hazards and risks and describe the legal requirements for risk assessment;
Prepare and use active monitoring checklists and implement schedules for active monitoring, recording results and analysing records
- Outline the main provisions of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Management of Health & Safety Work Regulations 1992.
IOSH Managing Safely is a 4 day course ( 2 x 2 days split of 2 weeks or in block).