You need this course if...
- You are a senior executive and need an understanding of the safety and health issues you face
- You wish to review management policies and strategies, and, where necessary, introduce changes to operate more safely.
You will learn...
- That health and safety is a main line management function, emanating from the top and descending through management layers
- The financial implications of accidents and ill health caused by working conditions
- To identify current legislation and other regulations relevant to the particular workplace including; the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Management of Workplace Health and Safety Regulations
- The penalties for offences related to health and safety legislation, including the concept of corporate manslaughter
- The significance of documentation and procedures to satisfy legislation
- The law’s shift in emphasis to a non-prescriptive approach based on the assessment of risk in terms of best current practice basic principles of risk assessment and how to identify the root causes of accidents
- The need to appoint competent people to advise on the health and safety function.