You need this course if...
- You are a senior executive and need an understanding of the safety and health issues you face
- You wish to review management policies and strategies, and, where necessary, introduce changes to operate more safely.
You will learn...
- That health and safety is a main line management function, emanating from the top and descending through management layers
- The financial implications of accidents and ill health caused by working conditions
- To identify current legislation and other regulations relevant to the particular workplace including; the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Management of Workplace Health and Safety Regulations
- The penalties for offences related to health and safety legislation, including the concept of corporate manslaughter
- The significance of documentation and procedures to satisfy legislation
- The law’s shift in emphasis to a non-prescriptive approach based on the assessment of risk in terms of best current practice basic principles of risk assessment and how to identify the root causes of accidents
- The need to appoint competent people to advise on the health and safety function.
Delivered by one of our expert trainers who facilitates participation and discussion.
Work with our training experts to develop a training course or programme specific to your exact requirements.