This course is ideal to pursue a qualification or develop an advanced skill in information security management systems auditing. You will be provided with the knowledge and skills to carry out second party audits to address information security risks where key data is processed or handled by external organisations.
Apart from our traditional face-to-face classroom courses, we also offer virtual classroom courses which are delivered in real time by experienced tutors via our online platform and provide delegates with the flexibility of attending from a convenient place, without the requirement of travelling.
Successful completion of this widely accepted IRCA qualification will enhance your professional development and provide important industry recognition.
Who should attend?
- Individuals who wish to expand their knowledge on effective audit practices
- Organisations who want to build on existing ISMS auditing experience
- Individuals who want to audit existing ISMS processes for effectiveness and improvement.
What will you learn?
- To review the organisational documentation required by ISO 27001:2013 standard
- To produce a practical value-added documentation audit report
- To audit selected security controls
- To plan, conduct and conclude a practical audit
- To report findings accurately and factually
- To evaluate corrective actions
- The necessary skills to understand the results of your risk assessments and ensure all appropriate controls are deployed and monitored to protect your organisation from an information security breach.
- For the virtual courses 40 hours delivered in 7 sessions
- For 7 session virtual classroom proposition, we have completely redesigned the technical content, visuals and delivery methodology of the course to better fit the virtual delivery and address the delegate engagement using technology
- Delegates attending LR’s virtual classroom 7 session course, can take their exam online at the end of each module, rather than physically sitting a traditional written examination.
What do you need to prepare?
- Knowledge of ISO 27001:2013 requirements, including principles and concepts
- To complete 2 hours of pre-course work prior to attending the course.
- 38.5 CPD hours
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments for public attendees only
- CQI & IRCA certificate
Training with LR
With LR, you can access a wide range of courses to help you further your career and bring improvements to the management systems in your organisation. With many learning styles to choose from, our training courses can help you develop and reach your next level. Find more courses here.
Your future development
CQI & IRCA certified
This Lloyd's Register training course satisfies the formal training requirements stipulated by the CQI & IRCA.
CQI and IRCA certified training is mapped to a unique competency framework based on the latest skills needed by employers. As an Approved Training Partner, LR has been thoroughly assessed to ensure the highest standards.
For more information on Lloyd’s Register’s Approved Training Partner status, please visit the CQI & IRCA website.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.