This CQI & IRCA registered course will continue your professional development on how to audit an Energy Management System (EnMS) against ISO 50001 requirements. Learn how to plan, evaluate and report the results of an EnMS audit.
There are three delivery options for you to choose from; a 38-hour virtual classroom course delivered in 5 sessions; a 40-hour virtual classroom course delivered in 7 sessions and the traditional face to face 5-day classroom course.
The virtual classroom courses are delivered in real time by experienced tutors via our online platform and provide delegates with the flexibility of attending from a convenient place, without the requirement of travelling.
Successful completion of this course, together with fulfilling other criteria can lead to IRCA registration.
Who should attend?
Auditors or Energy System Managers who need to audit an EnMS against ISO 50001 requirements and want a formal, widely recognised IRCA qualification.
What will you learn?
- The business benefits of implementing an EnMS and the background to ISO 50001
- Essential definitions to help you interpret and audit ISO 50001 requirements
- The purpose, intent and key requirements of ISO 50001 and similarities with other management systems
- To report the findings accurately
- Write and grade non-conformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
- Describe and identify the relationship and differences between a range of audit types
- Relate the auditing process to the management of energy use and consumption
- Identify key pieces of energy legislation and define their relevance in the context of auditing
- The roles, responsibilities of auditors, lead auditors, audit teams and other relevant bodies;
- To plan, initiate, implement, manage, monitor and review audit programmes
- To identify and describe the requirements of the standards against which an EnMS audit is performed
- To collect evidence, exercise objectivity and make a judgement
- To evaluate and report the results of an Energy Management System audit
- The contribution that audits make to the effectiveness of a management system
- To determine significant energy uses
- That auditing for conformity can improve the stability and robustness of management systems
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- The certification requirements to become a registered auditor/lead auditor with IRCA.
What do you need to prepare?
- Good knowledge of ISO 50001 and experience of auditing
- Knowledge of energy management principles and concepts
- You will have successfully completed an IRCA approved Auditor Conversion course in another management system discipline
- To complete approximately 2 hours of pre-course work prior to attending.
- 38.75 CPD hours
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments for public attendees only
- Certificate of attendance.
- For the virtual courses, 38 hours delivered in 5 sessions or 40 hours delivered in 7 sessions
- For our new unique 7 session proposition, we have completely redesigned the technical content, visuals and delivery methodology of the course to better fit the virtual delivery and address the delegate engagement using technology
- 5 days for the traditional face to face classroom course.
Training with LR
With LR, you can access a wide range of courses to help you further your career and bring improvements to the management systems in your organisation. With many learning styles to choose from, our training courses can help you develop and reach your next level. Find more courses here.
Your future development
- EMS, OH&S and QMS Auditor conversion courses
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- See our Business Improvement courses.
CQI & IRCA certified
This Lloyd's Register training course satisfies the formal training requirements stipulated by the CQI & IRCA.
CQI and IRCA certified training is mapped to a unique competency framework based on the latest skills needed by employers. As an Approved Training Partner, LR has been thoroughly assessed to ensure the highest standards.
For more information on Lloyd’s Register’s Approved Training Partner status, please visit the CQI & IRCA website.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.