Under the guidance of industry specialists you will develop an in-depth appreciation of the way LNG ships and their containment systems are designed,constructed and operated.
Each aspect of LNG ship technology is introduced and reinforced through detailed description and discussion. This course helps you develop an in-depth appreciation of the design, construction and operation of LNG ships.
Who will benefit
This course is of value to anyone who is involved in LNG ship design, construction and operation. It is of particular benefit to designers, owners, fleet managers, superintendents, consultants, flag state authorities and surveyors involved in the LNG industry.
Starting with a comprehensive introduction to the growing importance of LNG, you will learn the principles of modern LNG ship design and construction, their containment systems, the principles of LNG cargo operations and associated cargo systems.
Through a highly participative combination of presentations and exercises delivered by experienced industry specialists with direct experience in LNG ship construction, you will learn about and understand:
• the growth in demand for LNG
• the history of LNG containment systems
• the IGC Code and USCG requirements and how they affect design and construction, and statutory certification
• construction of the Moss Rosenberg, GTT No 96, Technigaz Mk III containment systems
• hull structural requirements, structural design and fatigue design assessments
• the considerations in design and build of larger LNG ships
• LNG cargo systems, boil-off gas handling, vaporisation and reliquefaction, and dual-fuel technology
• LNG cargo operations, loading and discharge, preparing for dry dock and cargo heel
• partial filling, constraints and recent research
• alternative gas transportation methods
• the principles of LNG safety
• the future prospects of LNG.
Subscribe to our training newsletter to receive details of courses and seminars near you
This three-day course covers the key practical aspects of modern LNG carriage by sea.