You need this course if...
- you have already successfully completed an Auditor/Lead Auditor training course in another discipline and want to extend your auditing competence to include quality management systems and ISO 9001
- you want to satisfy the formal Auditor Conversion training requirements for IRCA certification
You will learn...
- the purpose of a QMS and the ISO 9000 principles of quality management
- essential definitions to help you interpret and audit ISO 9001 requirements
- to analyse ISO 9001 clauses and suggest examples of evidence that would show conformance with these requirements
- to evaluate organisational context, QMS planning, quality policy and objectives
- how to audit processes for conformance and effectiveness, including any specific quality objectives and actions to address risks and opportunities
- to prepare thoroughly for audit and produce process based checklists
- to apply your existing auditor knowledge and skills to plan, conduct and report quality system audits
- how to evaluate objective evidence and correctly identify conformance and non-conformance with ISO 9001 requirements
- to report findings accurately against requirements of ISO 9001, write and grade non-conformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
- how to relate your audit findings to the quality policy and objectives of the organisation and present your overall evaluation to top management
You will need...
- to have successfully completed an IRCA certified five-day Auditor/Lead Auditor course, or accepted equivalent if you wish to register as a QMS Auditor or Lead Auditor with IRCA. If you do not meet the above criteria, you need to attend our five day QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor course
- knowledge of quality management principles and concepts
- knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001
- to understand the basics of how organisations work and the role of top management
- to have good knowledge of ISO 9001 and possess knowledge of these quality management principles and concepts: the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle; the relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction; commonly used quality management terms and definitions and the 8 Quality Principles as given in ISO 9000; the process approach used in quality management; the Model of a Process Based Quality Management System; the structure and content of ISO 9001.
- Complete approximately 2 hours of pre-course work prior to attending the course.
Training with LR
With LR, you can access a wide range of courses to help you further your career and bring improvements to the management systems in your organisation. With many learning styles to choose from, our training courses can help you develop and reach your next level. Find more courses here.
Your future development...
- See our Business Improvement courses
- Three days
CQI & IRCA certified
This Lloyd's Register training course satisfies the formal training requirements stipulated by the CQI & IRCA.
CQI and IRCA certified training is mapped to a unique competency framework based on the latest skills needed by employers. As an Approved Training Partner, LR has been thoroughly assessed to ensure the highest standards.
For more information on Lloyd’s Register’s Approved Training Partner status, please visit the CQI & IRCA website.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.