You need this course if...
- You want to audit Quality Management Systems against ISO 9001 requirements
- You are an Auditor or Quality System Manager and want to add to your credibility with a widely accepted qualification issued by an UKAS approved certification body.
You will learn...
The purpose of a QMS and the ISO 9001 principles of quality management
Essential definitions to help you interpret and audit ISO 9001 requirements
To analyse ISO 9001 clauses and suggest examples of evidence that would show conformance with these requirements
The roles and responsibilities of an auditor and lead auditor
To plan and conduct an interview with top management and evaluate an organisation’s quality policy and objectives
To prepare an on-site audit plan that establishes effective audit trails across processes and between members of an audit team
How to audit processes for conformance and effectiveness, including any specific quality objectives
To prepare thoroughly for audit and produce process based checklists
To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
How to evaluate objective evidence and correctly identify conformance and non-conformance with requirements
To report findings accurately against requirements of ISO 9001, write and grade non-conformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
How to relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of the organisation and present your overall evaluation to top management.
You will need...
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and experience in auditing
- Ideally, to have attended our Introduction to ISO 9001 course
- To understand the basics of how organisations work and the role of top management
- To have good knowledge of ISO 9001 and possess knowledge of these quality management principles and concepts: the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction
- Commonly used quality management terms and definitions and the seven Quality Management Principles as given in ISO 9000
- The process approach used in quality management
- The Model of a Process Based Quality Management System
- The structure and content of ISO 9001
- To complete approximately 2 hours of pre-course work prior to attending the course.
Your future development
- OH&S and EMS Auditor conversion courses
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- See our Business Improvement courses
Available delivery methods
Delivered by one of our expert trainers who facilitates participation and discussion.
Work with our training experts to develop a training course or programme specific to your exact requirements.